Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Bound in Politic Town


Seeing that I have several hours of "found time" due to my meetings finishing early and my flight being cancelled (boo snow/ice), I thought I would create a forum to record my many (mis)adventures. For you loyal Sandy followers out there, I used MSN Spaces for a while, but liked the look of this much more. I was inspired by my new friends Ned and Mary Beth, then I saw that they had some other friends who joined up, so I thought I might be able to pull this off, too. I am little more than a sheep. Baaa, baaa.


My ongoing trip to DC (Silver Spring, MD to be exact) was to participate in a mind-numbing EPA review panel, but it has turned out to be a lot of fun. In addition to meeting a lot of new people on the panel review, I also contacted a long-time family friend, Sister Elizabeth Anne, who is the principal of a private high school just outside of Baltimore, Mount De Sales Academy. She and the sisters provided a lovely dinner, lively conversation, and a personal tour of this one-of-a-kind school. I will definitely plan to come back beforedark to try and catch some sunshine coming through the stained-glass as well as prepare a lecture or demonstration for the students.













3 comments:

Ms. K said...

Wassup southern belle?

Hello from the toastier West!

jean said...

Hey...its snowing on Cape Cod also. Its beautiful..

sea said...

Glad you had some found time--doesn't happen often. We enjoyed your visit. I'll tell the other sisters that we're famous on your blog! SEA