Wednesday, February 18, 2009

On the way to work this morning...

I am in DC for meetings, and as we were walking from the Metro to the conference, we heard sirens. Jeff (my team leader) says "oh, someone important must be coming" and I said, with some pessimism, "or someone unimportant had a heart attack" and we kept walking. When we got to the next intersection there were police motorcycles blocking all entry routes. So we turned and saw a few more police cycles coming our way. Everyone on the sidewalk had stopped to watch as the Presidential Motorcade drove by us on the way to the White House. Two of these babies drove by and I was in shock as we could see (sorta) the President was in the second of the two. It was a high point, for sure. And to think I wanted to crawl back in bed this morning!

No comments: