Thursday, April 21, 2011

Earth Day in DC



At the 11th hour, I was asked to travel to DC last weekend for the National Sustainability Expo on the National Mall. I answered the call to service and spent two days talking about our research critters and projects, while navigating the mud. Those of you who have known me for a while know I have issues walking in optimal conditions. We had a lot of VIPs come through, including the head of the EPA, Lisa Jackson, Commanding General of USACE, LTG Van Antwerp, shown here in the stylish black and yellow Army tracksuit, Deputy Commanding General Temple, Ms. Jo Ellen Darcy, Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works, and Karl's daughter, Julia. The look on her face is a result of my telling her I was staying at the Ritz Carlton. She was not consoled by the application of government rates.

No comments: