Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tree Hugger Extraordinare

I was just surfing around, wondering what to blog about today, when I get a voicemail from The Ware House about a life and death situation needing my attention. I was referred to in the message as a tree-hugger extraordinare, which is flattering, but soon they will learn more about what I do as a toxicologist, and may never look at me the same. But for now, I packed up my wildlife rescue gear (a towel and a box) and dashed across the street. A nearly fledged bird had fallen from the nest and onto the sidewalk. Nothing appeared to be broken, and it could have even been a ploy by Mama bird to cut some dead weight. Harsh.

I plan to look for a foster home, as my cats will consider this to be quite the treat. Perhaps my neighbors would be interested? For now, Boxy the bird has found a temporary home with water, food, and nesting substrate. Stay tuned for updates as they become available.

No comments: